Monday, March 06, 2006

Small Worlds

Through a friend in Seattle - Caroline Sneed - I found a kindred spirit in the "Best Rejection" category. Rather, outright kin.

Julia Eaton, author of Annabelle's Shoes, has also suffered rejection at the hands of Allred & Allred, proving that it's a small world after all. She received the very same, hand-crafted rejection letter as I.

Obviously, A&A's frugality afforded them roughly 10 rejection letters per letter-sized sheet of paper. So I knew there would be others out there. But Ms. Eaton's post today hit me like a ton of bricks. I was both thrilled at the common ground and crushed that I could no longer claim the pass as my own. Their impersonal perfunctoriness became even less personal.

The good news is I have my next read.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home